Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition

• Please log in to reply

Impure_Soul

Impure_Soul

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I never thought I would find myself on a help forum asking for help...but here I am.

I'm requesting help with the installation of Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition.
The first problem I encountered was with the 16 bit Windows Subsystem, constantly getting a C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT error. So I fixed that. Started to install it, everything was going smoothly until I got to the screen that actually starts installing the files. It says something along the lines:

Setup could not open the file:

"C:\DOCUME~1\my name here\DESKTOP\VISUAL~1\ " etc.

Anyone know a fix to this? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Edit: This post has been moved to another forum, I realize this is in the wrong place. Sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to delete this one. :tazz:

Edited by Impure_Soul, 21 May 2005 - 10:32 PM.

Advertisements