Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook locking up when sending message

• Please log in to reply

musntgrumble

musntgrumble

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I'm running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.

Whenever i go to send a message Outlook locks up. After this i have to go to Task Manager and kill the task then start it up again which seems to do the trick.

(Seperately)

It also says that it is sending 3 messages when i have nothing in the Outbox.

any help appreciated.

:)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please talk a bit louder, I don't think we can hear you :) (sarcasm, the bigger you write the louder you're allegedly talking)

Does this apply to all messages you send? Does it say sending three messages on every startup of Outlook?

musntgrumble

musntgrumble

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
If i have a genuine message then it tries to send 4 messages. (if that makes sense). When i've nothing to send if i hit the send/receive it tries to send 3 messages. I think its trying to send from an account that doesnt have access to the internet (i can receive messages but not send them with this account - its not my main account). But i cant find the messages in the Outbox to delete them.

Tarastar

Tarastar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Did ever get a useful reply to your query?
thanks
Julia