Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft Addict Needs New Video Card to Fuel Addiction!

• Please log in to reply

n0ng33k

n0ng33k

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Bought a DELL computer about a year ago, and as many of you are probably aware, DELL gives you one or two good parts, and everything is crap.

For me, I got what was a good processor at the time(e8600) and good RAM(4 gb ddr3), but was stuck with a crappy PSU(400watt I think?) and a crappy video card (radeon3450 256mb).

Therefore I am looking to upgrade this piece of crap that can't seem to handle a game like WoW with ultra-low settings at anything higher than 1024x768, despite DELL giving me a 1680x1050 monitor.

TL;DR: Looking for some suggestions for video cards that can run WoW at ~60 FPS at 1680x1050. Budget is around $80-100.

PS: For certain brands would I also have to dish out another $50 and pick up an entirely new PSU?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Which Dell have you bought? What is it's model number?

n0ng33k

n0ng33k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Probably should have specified, I have a DELL XPS 430.