Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive Error

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Correct.

Advertisements

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Sorry for the lack of reply, thought I could get my machine to work through enough perseverance; wasn't the case, though. When I get time later today I'll proceed with your instructions and post some data.

By the way,

As far as data goes, several times I got to boot from last known good configuration, and it'd go to the windows loading screen. However, it'd always go to a black(blank) screen, and never to the login screen. At the time of the black screen, only one red light among four would be lit up on my mobo, opposed to 3/4 blinking.

Additionally, whenever I'd go into the bios after the 3rd slave error, my HDD won't even show up as an option in boot priority.

Edited by Oniketsoku, 26 May 2010 - 05:51 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
That would, most likely, confirm some hardware issue.