Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spell check

• Please log in to reply

40vern

40vern

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
how do i get spell check to start working agian on my outlook express? it was working good a couple of weeks ago then it quit for some reason.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
http://www.oeupdates...pell-check.html

Didn`t I post a couple of weeks ago on an Adobe and Java matter

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Yes, Macboatmaster, we did work on that. :)

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

http://www.oeupdates...pell-check.html

Didn`t I post a couple of weeks ago on an Adobe and Java matter

areyou wanting me to click on this link that you posted? will this help me?

yes you guys helped me out allot. i am using the advice you gave me every day. thanks allot for all your help

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
That would be why it was posted. It's easier to send you to the link than copy and paste what it says.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
ok i will take a look at it and see what happens

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
hey i did not have much luck with the link that was listed above. when i would go to the Web page and click on the suggested link it would say that page was no longer available.

but the idea that was given gave me the idea to look in open office . org and i found something that seems to work so thanks again everyone

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
There is nothing wrong with the link, here is the cut and paste from it.
Spell Checking not Working in XP
When running windows XP with outlook Express 6 you may find that spell checking cannot be enabled or does not work. If you try to spell check a message, you may also receive the message

an error occurred whilst the spelling was being checked

or

When you click Send, and the Always check spelling before sending check box is selected in the Options dialog box, you may receive the following error message:

The spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?

If you have a suitable Microsoft office application installed on your computer but spell checking still doesn't work, then the most common cause of this problem is the missing file Csapi3t1.dll. The file is on the XP cd ( in I386 directory) and should also be on your office cd. You need to locate the file decompress it and copy it to its location.

If the file is on the XP cd in the D drive then the command

expand d:\i386\csapi3t1.dl_ c:csapi3t1.dll

expands the file to the root of the c: drive. You now need to copy the file now to the Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\proof directory. If that doesn't work then copy it to the program files\outlook express folder as well.

Here are some links to Microsoft articles covering some of the more common know spell check problems. If they don't answer you're question then go to the Microsoft support website and search for "outlook spell check"

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
OK thanks for your help. i got it to work when i went through open office. i does not work as i type only when i get ready to send it will it work. this is better than having nothing at all

Edited by 40vern, 25 May 2010 - 08:19 PM.