Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

isp problems

• Please log in to reply

thebobby

thebobby

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I play a game online and it had a host change. i was told to renew ip, which i did and still show the site is not working. i know site is because my friends are on it. can some one help me.

Advertisements

pcs365_11

pcs365_11

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Go to start and Run in command type 'cmd' You will command prompt (black window) Here you need to type 'ipconfig /release' and hit enter again type 'ipconfig /renew' and hit enter.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Go to start and Run in command type 'cmd' You will command prompt (black window) Here you need to type 'ipconfig /release' and hit enter again type 'ipconfig /renew' and hit enter.

that's going to do nothing for this situation.

the game server could care less about the guy's LAN IP, it's probably caring about the PUBLIC IP of the modem.

go to www.whatsmyip.com and take note of what your current public IP is, then unplug the power from your modem, wait a minute, and plug it back in. then go back to www.whatsmyip.com and see if the number has changed