Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Could I possibly get Microsoft Office Student 2007.... ?

• Please log in to reply

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
:) [i] Okay, I am in school online. In one class they give you Microsoft Office student 2007 installation dick for free and the trial product key. My trial is up! Is there anyway I can get a new product key and keep the service going or am I stuck having to buy a new product key? I'm a single mom and broke but need to know this a.s.a.p because I have three essays due tomorrow at midnight and no microsoft. Help!! Thanks a bunch!

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
CaramelBliss*-

If you need an instant solution, check out Open Office. It offers the same features as Microsoft office for free.

If you want to continue using Microsoft's product, you're going to need to buy the full product. Being on a budget myself, I can tell you that Open Office is a real life saver! :)

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. :)

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Wow. Thanks so much. Ive never heard of open office. But you know what, if I can type up a report and upload it to my homework turn-in slot online, then open office will be just fine. Thanks so much. I'll upload it at sun up and let you know if I have any problems. Thanks a bunch. :)

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Glad to help out. Open Office should work just fine for your needs. :)

I will continue to monitor your topic and answer any questions you have. I will be on by 0900, which should be noon for you. :)

Edited by FNP, 20 May 2010 - 12:13 AM.

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Sounds Good. Your SO Awesome!!!! :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
+1 to open office for students.

it's not "exactly the same" as MS office, but it will get the job done and you can save the files in office format. no need to make sure that the person you're writing the document for has anything special

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Is there anything special I have to do to get it in microsoft format. I only ask because all my professors have microsoft. I wanna make sure they are reading it and not getting funny codes or anything

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when you save the file, you can choose to save it in microsoft office format from the save as dialog

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Okay, lets pretend I'm super Duper Stupid (I do ask alot of dumb questions)and I just typed up an essay. Could you give me step by step wat you mean by switching it to microsoft format? Is it just gonna be an option when I save the essay or is there something need to do to make it save as a microsoft file? I just dowloaded Open Office I've have a peek and all. So many words I dont understand, but I will take the time to st and learn it. But for now, what do I doabout the "metaphore"? lol

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
CaramelBliss*-

When you go to save a document you typed in Open Office, you will want to save it as a .doc file, rather than the extension that Open Office natively uses.
  • Go to File > Save As.
  • Name the file whatever you would like.
  • In the Save at type: box, select Microsoft Word (.doc).
  • This will save it as a format that anyone with Microsoft word can read. :)

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
See, I always thought (.doc) ment document. I didn't know it ment Microsoft doctument thingy. Thanks so much. I love this site, I love you guys!! I love love love!!!

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Glad we were able to help out. :) Feel free to post with any more questions you may have.