Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound on Internet

• Please log in to reply

buenavista11

buenavista11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi and thanks in advance for the help.
I am unable to receive sound on my internet but i can receive sound on itunes, games, etc-anything non-internet explorer. I have searched this website and others but none have been able to help. The REGEDIT thing DOES NOT work for me; the wavemapper thing is already there. I cannot get the sound to work from the control panel either. If you have any suggestion, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Advertisements

Williamsc

Williamsc

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I am unable to receive sound on my internet but i can receive sound on itunes, games, etc-anything non-internet explorer.

You have given a very less information. This is not enough for understand youo problem. Actually I can't figure it out that where you are suffering problem. Through this sentence you want to say that you are hearing the iTunes. But only from the internet you are not able to hear it. I assume that it may be your browser problem. If you can listen songs which is in your system and not only sound from Internet. You have to update it.

Summer6

Summer6

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
For Mac users:

1. Open "Applications" > "Utilities" > "Audio MIDI Setup"
2. Check the properties for "Built In Output". Make sure it's set to 44.1 KHz.

For PC users:

1. Click "Start".
2. Select "Run".
3. Type: sndvol32
4. Click "OK".
5. Make sure the following are not muted and the volume is up for "Volume Control" and "Wave".

If you're still having trouble, check to see if your system meets these requirements for running the video player:

1. Macromedia Flash Player 7.0+ plug-in
2. Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
3. Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
4. Firefox 1.1+, Internet Explorer 5.0+, or Safari 1.0+
5. Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps

Videos on YouTube are streamed through an Adobe Flash player. For the best viewing experience, we suggest you install the latest version of Adobe Flash after removing any old versions you've installed.