Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7, 8, Firefox 3.6.3 - No Images Loading One Website Only

• Please log in to reply

luckyyvt

luckyyvt

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi there!

i have this problem in ie7&8, and firefox when attempting to open www.webs.com, my webpage on this site and any of the webs pages. All pages load in html with no .css files loading - stalls on "waiting for images.webs.com" - my understanding of this is that the .css pages are not loading.
My web page content loads with my images(www.greenwayswholesaleplants.webs.com) but with no www.webs.com sitebuilder imaging - everything is in html?
I don't know why this has occurred - started over a month ago.
Have contacted webs (forum based community support - not much support)
Have done the following with no success:
initially was using ie8 only - downloaded firefox,
deleted cache, history, cookies - no change in either,
scanned with Norton 360 - no issues no change,
uninstalled Norton - no change
re-installed Norton - no change
tried different laptop - same problem (xp & older version of ie)
contacted ISP - not blocking
checked browsers - not blocking,
disabled add-ons in browsers - no change
checked favicon for blocking details - none
used spybot - no problem
got really fed up and have done a clean install (vista, now on ie7 and firefox installed again) no change.
am waiting for further response from www.webs.com as to whether I have done something on-site to change the way the pages loading but after a month of posts and three different ppl suggesting things I have already done and getting very frustrated.

Any ideas??

Many thanks in advance!

I posted the above in a reply to another post about a month ago and since that time I have lost my internet connection for a month so could not check for a response.

Can anyone suggest any solutions to this problem?
I have also had an issue since having my internet restored two days ago (with a different modem) where both browsers would not allow downloads and then did not allow any browsing at all.
I have run thru the microsoft vista troubleshooting for the browsers being blocked by other software & services but came up with no answer other than they will run in safe mode only.
I have now done a system restore to be able to gain access to on this 'puter.

I am thinking that I might have a virus???
Could this be the reason for the problem above also?

I am very confused :S

thanks again,
luckyyvt

Edited by luckyyvt, 20 May 2010 - 01:26 AM.

Advertisements

luckyyvt

luckyyvt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
oops! i posted this twice - does anyone know how do delete one?
ta :)

luckyyvt

luckyyvt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i have just tried to access my website using my old laptop with xp and opera - same problem.
the webs.com site had suggested to me that my isp might be blocking the site but they have assured me that they aren't??

luckyyvt

luckyyvt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi all!,
I have just read Aussietim's post re: Mozilla- Suspected ActiveX or Flash Problems

I have tried the private browsing and I can now access webs.com with no problem. It works on firefox and ie8!!

Thanks so much to Aussietim for posting his solution and to this site - without which, I have no idea how long I would have struggled with this problem.

Does anyone know if this will completely solve the problem or if there is another issue??

Many, many thanks!!!
:) :) :)

Edited by luckyyvt, 25 May 2010 - 07:39 PM.

luckyyvt

luckyyvt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have been having a look around and have found a couple of tutorials from mozilla for issues relating to images not loading and video not playing.

I have run through them quickly and checked my settings as per the tute's and my settings are all as they should be.
However as I no longer have issues loading my pages I can only assume that is why the settings are correct?

If anyone still having a problem would like to try the suggested tutorials the forum post including the links is below:

Mozilla forum link - user with similar problems - contains links to tutorials

I hope I have done that right :S

Please let me know if this has been of any help to you - I am still searching for answers as to why this occurred in the first place.