cnm, on 01 October 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:
Question about CleanUp. Does it run 'ComboFix /uninstall'? or merely delete ComboFix?
The latter...it merely deletes all CF components/logs etc so still prudent run the CF Uninstall procedure and or use OTL CleanUp this way for example(just edit to suit the Operating System).
- Right-click OTL and select Run as Administrator to start the program.
- Copy the lines from the codebox to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
- Return to OTL, right-click in the Custom Scans/Fixes window (under the cyan bar) and choose Paste.
- Then click the red Run Fix button.
- Let the program run unhindered. When finished click on OK and close the log that appears.
- Note: I do not need to review the log produced.
- Now close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot.
- On the OTL main screen, depress the CleanUp button.
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
The above process will flush old System Restore points and create a new clean one. It should also clean up and remove the vast majority of scanners used and logs created etc.
Any left over merely delete yourself and empty the Recycle Bin.
dev00790, on 02 October 2011 - 11:20 AM, said:
link under O27 - Image file execution options, in the OTL tutorial, pointing to a McAfee blog isn't working. Can this be updated please?
It appears to be working for me.