Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem opening Word Document when ActiveX Macros installed - Windows

• Please log in to reply

sharper1968

sharper1968

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I have a very frustrating problem with my Word 2007 installation on a Dell Inspiron running Windows 7.

When trying to open a Word document from a Shortcut I get the error message "There was a problem sending the command to the program" and Word opens but the document doesn't. On clicking the shortcut again (with Word already open) the document opens with no problem.

After much trial and error I have established that this only occurs when I have certain Macros installed that I use to import text directly into Word from another application (e-Sword Bible program).

The macro dll is installed in the application directoty in ...\...\Program Files\e-sword and the document template "e.sword.dot" in ...(User)\App Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

If the template is deleted from the STARTUP folder then documents open without a hitch, but of course my macros don't work.

I have exactly the same versions of Word 2007 and the e-sword application and macros running on a Windows Vista machine and have no problem with it. I have tried running in Compatibility mode, but that hasn't helped.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation.

SH

Advertisements