Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB 2.0 web cam driver issues

• Please log in to reply

fireguy999

fireguy999

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi there

Can someone maybe assist me, I have a cheap webcam that works fine on my laptop, but I recently went to use it on my desktop only to find i've lost the drivers, I tried amcap and that did not work, so as my lappy and desky are networked I went into prongram files and copied the ipassion folder across which had a driver setup file in it, I ran this file and it installed and recognised the webcam, but eveytime i try to click the cam in amcap or manycam, it just shuts the pc down and then restarts, telling me that a serious error occurred, obviously a conflict somewhere but I cant seem to find out where or even how to uninstall the driver......can someone please advise? OS is winxp pro....should add that I have no idea what the make of the web cam is

Regards
Neil

*Edit, i've managed to uninstall so I just need help to identify my webcam and get the correct drivers and maybe do a little houskeeping :-)

Edited by fireguy999, 21 May 2010 - 07:57 AM.

Advertisements