Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Printer

• Please log in to reply

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts

It says that my Desktop does not have the right printer driver installed..... They are both XP and it does work with my desktop. How would i create a Printer drive

More surprises - We've got a little contradiction to deal with. I'd suggest you get your #1 friend to get his friend to come back over and uninstall and then re-install your printer drivers and then finish up with your laptop. Your question concerning a ?printer drive? tells me you need some hands on assistance.

:tazz:

Advertisements

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
No can do, cus he hired somone and he is completely stumped by it. I will try reinstalling my printer tommorow and my desktop is being used now.

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts

No can do, cus he hired somone and he is completely stumped by it.

hehehe - then get some help from someone who knows what they are doing to uninstall and re-install your printer software. Understand that you have an HP all-in-one and its not too difficult to muck things up trying to do an installation or trying to remove the software. Its a piece of cake if done right the first time around, but cleaning up after a "friend who knows a lot about computers" might become a little daunting if you do indeed have a bad installation.

Now, where would anyone get that kind of an idea? At least you now know you can print from your laptop - whenever you get your printer software cleaned up on your desktop. You can also check the HP website for additional tools used to cleanup a bad installation and remove the "unremovable".

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
OK, thanks for all your help so far. I wil try to phone someone around.

See you around

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
Good Luck - proceed cautiously and do check out HP's website for "removal tools" as some of their original software releases have been updated. Let us know how you make out. This really isn't a toughie, but done by a rookie, it can quickly become one.

Regards,

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Lol, I am good with computers just not with printers, The only reason i need a wireless one is i Broke an Epson C45 Stylus the other day(not sure why but its definately broken) and now need another printer.

Thanks again for all your help. I think from here Someone will come around for me.

Thanks and I hope that you go on to help more people