Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Dongle Suddenly not working on only one computer

• Please log in to reply

VidenTheColdOne

VidenTheColdOne

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Ok, not to be an [bleep], but every time i post here i end up waiting a week then having to post in the "waiting too long" forums" And i would really apreciate an answer quickly since the person who needs this fixed is a pain in my butt, and i don't want him riding me for an answer. My problem:

My uncle got a Compaq Presario SR192ONX and was using a Belkin F5D8053 v6 to access the internet. Everything was working and suddenly he went to get on and it said it could not connect. I've done everything i can think of and CANNOT get it to connect to my wireless router. I checked all the conections, the passwords, the router itself EVERYTHING, it just goes to the "connecting" bar and then it dissapears after like 2-5 minutes and never connects. I even had him totally reinstall windows, and the belkin software, and the same exact thing. YET the USB Wireless dongle was used on a different computer in the same room, and it works fine.

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi VidenTheColdOne

Please be patient it may take some time before someone
can help you.

The Staff gets to every one as fast as possible.

Every one here at geeks to go are volunteering there time.

Our members have made a total of 1,812,652 posts
We have 320,094 registered members

Did you look for driver updates and firmware updates?

Dwight

VidenTheColdOne

VidenTheColdOne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I understand, and like i said, i didn't mean to sound rude, but everytime i post i never get an answer unless i post in those other forum

And yes, i updated all of the drivers.