Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Packet scheduler miniport 5

• Please log in to reply

Alias69

Alias69

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys I switched on pc this morning and there is no internet. Yellow exclaimation mark on network icon. Router is working fine as I can use my mobile and laptop no dramas. I checked the device manager and there is a yellow exclaimation mark on the packet scheduler miniport 5. What does this mean and how can I resolve it? Thanx

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Remove it from device manager and let it reinstall itself.

Alias69

Alias69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
this resolved my problem :)
after that i rang my isp to connect internet, problem solved. thanx read below

Packet scheduler miniport. yellow exclamation mark next to Packet scheduler miniport in device manager.
Problem solved!!!

I am writing this post because for ages I had a problem in my device manager where "packet scheduler miniport#6!" was listed with a big yellow exclamation mark. I have scoured the net for answers only to find dozens of people with the same problem and not a single answer that gives a fix.
Well, today I fixed the problem. So I thought I would share what I did in the hopes that it may help somebody else out there as this particular problem has driven me mad for a few weeks now!

Anyway, What I did was:

1, Open Device Manager and right click on the Packet Scheduler Miniport with the yellow exclamation mark next to it.

2, Click on Properties.

3, Click on the Driver tab.

4, Click on Update Driver.

5, Choose "Yes this time only", and click on next.

6, Choose "Install from a list or specific location" Advanced, and click on next.

7, Choose "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install". Click next.

8, In the box under "Network adapter" click on "Packet scheduler miniport" and then click on next.

The driver will then install and the problem will fixed. Take a look in Device manager and you will see the exclamation mark has disappeared.

9. if internet is still not working, then ring ur ISP to connect u bak on as it probably got disconnected.
gud luk

Edited by Alias69, 24 May 2010 - 05:55 PM.

KLorinV

KLorinV

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. The solution worked for me as well.