Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

two copies of winxp on system

• Please log in to reply

jstsmile

jstsmile

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I was having issues with accessing the internet. I posted a thread yesterday and was getting help. However, the person was not able to help me. So I decided to do a system install. I guess when I installed the WinXP that is currently working, I clicked on something wrong. Now when I reboot my computer I see both copies, one on the C: drive and the other on the E: drive. How do I delete the one on the C: drive? Thats the one that doesnt work properly?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello jstsmile...

I'll need some more information before we get started on this.

Right click on My Computer and choose "Properties". In the properties window, click the "Advanced" tab. In the resulting window. in the "Startup and Recovery" section, click on the "Settings" button. In the window that opens, click on the "Edit" button...a notepad window will open (boot.ini). Copy the contents of that window and paste it here for us.

wannabe1