Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD 0x124 at my wits end!PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

DamonTracey

DamonTracey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay so I thought buying cost effective would be beneficial and purchased a new laptop (Gateway m-7315u) from walmart(which I know, I know, lol) in January '09. Had minor problems like keys popping off but no major crashes. i started having blue screen problems about 6 months into it, busy schedule I didnt send it to repair until around 8 month. They replaced the hardrive, memory to no avail. I can locate all information you need to help me troubleshoot.
Here are the BSOD Codes I am getting:
STOP: 0x00000124
0x0000000000000000
0xFFFFFA80075FA030
0X00000000B2000040
0X0000000000000800

THANK YOU in advance for your help!

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Attach your minidump files (.dmp files in C:\WINDOWS\minidump) in your next post.

DamonTracey

DamonTracey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for getting back to me. I tried to access the minidump, and its telling me the folder is empty. any other options, thanks!

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
1. System Icon
2. Advanced Tab
3. Startup and Recovery -> Settings
4. Enable Write an Event to the system log
5. Disable Automatically Restart
6. Select the following debugging information:
* Small memory dump (64 Kb)
* Small Dump Directory : %SystemRoot%\Minidump
7. Confirm all and restart the computer.

That will make Windows create the minidump files. Wait for your machine to blue screen again, look in the folder, and attach.

DamonTracey

DamonTracey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Great got it now, however this site wont let me upload the dmp file, sigh lol is there a simple program to download to open it and paste the contents here, thanks for your help sorry i am stuck on the part