Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

32 BIT OR 64 BIT

• Please log in to reply

gelmancadet

gelmancadet

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i built my computer out of some good bits i was lucky to come across.ive got a dual core processer.i dont know much about them im still learning but when i finished i installed xp pro32 bit for a long time now ive changed it to xp 64 bit (i thought because it is dual core it would run better on 64 bit)could you please let me know wat system would be better as i dont know the difference between the 32 bit and 64 bit and i cant seem to find much on the internet about the two thanks(as for brower i use both firefox and internet explorer(also 250 gb harddrive 500 watt power supply and two gigabite ram any info would be really apprecieted thanks :)

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
How much RAM do you have? Most people use 64 bit for that, usually highly memory intensive apps such as Photoshop. Unless your packing 4GB+ or using those kinds of apps there is really no point. Not too many programs are written (yet) to fully utilize the 64 bit architecture.

gelmancadet

gelmancadet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
THANKS I THOUGHT IT WAS FOR THE PROCESSER SPEED (32 BIT EACH AS I HAVE DUAL CORE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN 64 BIT BUT I WAS WRONG ) THANKS I WILL REINSTALL WINDOWS XP PRO 32 BIT THANKS REALLY :)