Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Modern Warfare 2 got hacked

• Please log in to reply

ridiska5

ridiska5

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I went into a server and then got disconnected and jumped back into main menu. Yet, I had everything unlocked which is a cool thing I guess. The irony is that when I join a game the sounds are different, like they are far away or something when I shoot or run, or a car explodes. Also, the radar isn't showing anything, it's blank, and there are some weird numbers up in the right corner similar to this - (15615-156121). It's also a bit laggy.

I don't know if you can undo that or change your account.

Please help thanx in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
not sure that you were "hacked". If this is on a pc, then I can recommend 2 things:

1) Visit our malware forum to make sure you don't have something malicious running on your pc.

2) remove and reinstall the game. Is this a retail copy or download?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

ridiska5

ridiska5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It's a retail copy.

It's a hack because I logged into a server and it was all low resolution and very sensitive mouse, and then it kicked me. After all of my Custom Classes said Hacked 1, 2, so on. So yeah, it was a server hack and I tried reinstalling the game, didn't work because it's in the account not the game.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
then you need to report this to activision and see what they can do.

ridiska5

ridiska5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok thanx. :)