1. It is one of the smallest and most lightweight home game consoles, of the three major consoles (Xbox 360, PS3) , and it weighs only 3 pounds.
2. One of the striking features of this console is its recurring theme or design. The console, the SD cards, the power supply and all other sockets have one of their corners creatively chipped off in a triangular fashion.
3. Wii video games are available in the format of 12 centimeter Wii optical discs that load into the vertical game slot. It also has an additional 8cm Game Cube Disc.
4. It is equipped with two processors. They are 729 megahertz Power PC based “Broadway” processor (by IBM) and ATI “Hollywood” GPU.
5. While the system memory is 88MB, the Wii game console has a memory of 512 megabytes internally. There is slot for an SD card for external storage. The external storage is often used for saving data and for uploading photos and other items onto the Wii.
6. The console is provided with slots for four Wii game remote controllers which connect wirelessly via Bluetooth technology. Moreover, GameCube controllers can be used too. There are four slots for these and 2 GameCube memory card slots
7. The Wii game console is also equipped with AV Multi-output port, allowing composite, s-video and component.
8. The audio for the Nintendo Wii console is in stereo as it is Dolby Pro Logic II-capable.
9. It total power consumption when switched on is 18 watts and it is 1.3 watts in when in standby mode.
Top games of Wii game console:
Though there are several games that are very popular, some of them top the game list. The console has launched latest versions of some of its earlier games to make it more interesting and exciting for the game enthusiasts. Following are some of the top Wii games that have been voted by both editors and players at Game Spot: Smash Bros. Brawl (3D Action), Mario Kart Wii (Kart Racing) and Super Mario Galaxy (3D Adventure).