Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Email - Manage Accounts

• Please log in to reply

jlinno

jlinno

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Having resolved the previous issue, now when I go to "options"/"more options", the Manage Account selections do not include the option for setting or removing an automated vacation replay.

Is this another "enhanced" feature from microsoft or is there some other cause?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is not an option with Windows Live Mail, in fact it never has been a feature of any version of Windows Mail from Outlook Express to Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail.

The actual technique you wanted was the Message Rules. This will, if set up correctly, do the same job.

jlinno

jlinno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
That's funny, I did just that not 6 weeks ago and several sites queried suggested that I do just what I described and in fact successfully did.

jlinno

jlinno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Let me clarify my last response.

I did perform the function in the past with Windows Live Email but cannot do it now as stated.

What is Message Rules and how do I access it using Windows Live Email?