Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

compatible hardware

• Please log in to reply

Shaggs

Shaggs

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
im looking to build a new tower for my dektop was wondering if these parts are all compatible with eachother

Graphics Card

MOB

Processor

RAM

HD.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
How did you pick these out? Darts? Look at your motherboard selection. Did you really want a server motherboard? The first clue you will have problems with your choices is the Socket Type. The board supports LGA1156. Now look at your CPU. Its socket type is LGA775. The motherboard says it will support:

Quad/Dual Core Intel Xeon 3400 series
Quad Core Intel Core i7-800 series
Quad/Dual Core Intel Core i5/ i3 series

Your CPU - Core 2 Quad Yorkfield

Your RAM type is not listed either.

Your best place to check for compatible CPUs and RAM is on the motherboard makers website. All the major board makers will have a list of compatible CPUs and RAM that they have tested with that board. They usually list all the CPUs, and a pretty decent sample of available RAM - enough to see what specs work. There are too many RAM makers, most making several models, to list them all.

Edited by Digerati, 25 May 2010 - 06:36 AM.

Shaggs

Shaggs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
what MOB would u reccomend for a gaming computer

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
There's many and you did not list a budget.