Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop Running Hot

• Please log in to reply

Prominia

Prominia

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
My Laptop is running hot here is the temps is there any way to keep it cooler?
[attachment=42013:Untitled.jpg]

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
Here's a few examples of what I often see when I'm ask to solve an overheating laptop problem:

Posted Image

Solution? Thoroughly (but gently) clean out all the gunk and she's raring to go.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
I agree with Doc, but I usually suggest folks take notebooks in to a shop for thorough cleanings. Notebooks are so darned proprietary, if you don't know how or where to strategically hold your tongue right, you may damage something just opening the case. You can certainly remove all access covers and slide in cards and drives and blast it out and that may help. But a thorough cleaning as suggested is your best bet. Keeping the interior clean of heat trapping dust is probably the biggest disadvantage to notebooks.

Then get a Notebook Cooling Pad w/ext. power supply.

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Ok thank you