Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

error 6 on car cd player/ won,t play it.

• Please log in to reply

chief-1

chief-1

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
i hope you can help with this problem i have with getting an error code 6 on my cd player in my car. the thing thats getting to me the most is it will play on my T.V. & on my computer, but it just will not play in my car. what is the issue with this dilemma, & how do you fix it?. p.s. i can put another cd in the player & it will play it for me, but put this mother in, & butkiss !!! please can you help me with this it,s really getting to me.... oh yeh phillip by the way the two files that keep coming up are " video_ts & audio_ts, no one will help me with this issue when i ask them for help at a computer shop. :) :)

Edited by chief-1, 28 May 2010 - 05:36 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Need more details about the disc that won't play:

Is it a commercial disc or a cd-r?

Are there any obvious differences between this disc and those that will play? (eg disc-type, content-type etc)

chief-1

chief-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
hi phillip... thx for your time on this. the CD is a CD-R from memory, differences in the content, none that i know of, the cd was burn,t for me, it,s not protected or copyrighted phillip. it just will not let me burn to a cd so i can listen to them in my car. hope you can help now phillip, this should be bloody straight forward stuff for me phillip, but anyway, thx again phillip for your time, hope to hear from you again soon with your update. :)

Edited by chief-1, 28 May 2010 - 02:14 AM.

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Some car players cannot read cd-r discs even when other players have no problem reading them - that's all I can think of.
Also, some players won't tolerate the slightest of errors on the disc where other players will.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 29 May 2010 - 02:14 PM.

chief-1

chief-1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
hi phillip... emule did the job for me. :) but it,s still a mystery to me as to why that cd would,nt play in the car phillip. thx again for your time phillip.

Edited by chief-1, 06 June 2010 - 05:55 PM.