Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

frozen internet

• Please log in to reply

transit

transit

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
every time I connect to the internet, my computer start frozen itself, I defragmented, I check it for errors, I erase some programs files, games, etc. and when is not frozen take for ever to loadin a page, ( I know that part is for the internet itself) and nothing help to stop the frozen, I have in this computer: window XP home edition, interl® 4CPU 2.80GHZ 1.40GHZ 1.00GHZ OF RAM. if someone can give me any suggestion about to help my computer not to frozen to much. can be appreiated.

thanks

Transit.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
It may be time for a complete re-install of Windows and start afresh if you are experiencing multiple problems. This usually involves botting your PC from the supplied Recovery CD.

Backup all your personal files to another drive or DVD discs before doing this, as Recovery will wipe all existing data off the C: drive.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 26 May 2010 - 02:28 PM.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Thank you for you help.

No I can not re-install window xp, in this computer because when I bought this computer not bring any software CD, to install windows. for that I can not erased and start fresh. any other option?

thank again for you help.

Transit.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
By "connect to the internet" do you mean opening a browser?
If so, what browser/version?
Have you tried different browser?