Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please Help Remove a Virus [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

paukid

paukid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Essexboy!

ALL done!! Norton is gone....Avast is installed and all is right with the world! :) (doesnt take alot to please me as you can see!:))

I think is good buddy! Again, I can thank you enough for all your help! You are a good man! I have always enjoyed my friends from "across the pond" (I am assuming you are from Great Britan) and I continue to think so!

Cheers Mate for now from from New York! :)

Please, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know! :)

Your friend
Paul

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
From across the pond Greetings and keep safe now

Please, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know!

18 year old blonde who owns a brewery ? :)

paukid

paukid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
:)
I will work on the blond for sure :)

cheers!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Cheers and enjoy :)

paukid

paukid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Dear Essexboy

just wanted to give you a final THUMBS UP! Things are working great and AVAST is wonderful! I am glad I changed over :)

Again, I cant think you enough for what you did to help me and your patience was terrific :) thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a great lad! :)

One thing before we leave each other...in the past on other computers I have owned when inserted a new game CD/DVD or other software I always has AUTORUN start up and the game would pop up on my screen. Not on this machine, now I have to go into the drive and manually execute setup.

Is there a simple way to turn on Auto Run? :)

other than that silly question, I am good! thank you again for all your help!

Paul

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Not a silly question :) Glad that you are happy

Download and install TweakUI (part of the PowerToys for Windows XP package), and then start TweakUI.
Expand the My Computer branch, then the AutoPlay branch, and then select Drives.
Turn off the checkbox next to each drive letter for which you want AutoPlay disabled.
Turn on the checkbox next to each drive letter for which you want AutoPlay enabled.

Let me know if that solves it

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.