Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

App crash debuging help

• Please log in to reply

rubber7

rubber7

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi,

I've installed an app and it keeps on crashing when trying to open it. It runs fine on other systems but needs administrator rights to run in Vista or Win7. The pc i'm installing it on runs on Vista...AMD Athlon x2 64bit proc. 3GB ram. Below is a Description on the error:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: tnt.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.31
Problem Signature 03: 4ba22673
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4536f11f
Problem Signature 07: dd7
Problem Signature 08: 17
Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 7177

I haven't got the know-how on how to debug the problem but am eager to learn, need some help though.

Kind regards

Rubber7

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

It runs fine on other systems but needs administrator rights to run in Vista or Win7.

Have you tried Right Clicking on the icon and then choosing "Run as Administrator". What program are you referring to?

rubber7

rubber7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Yes,I have set it up with administrator privilages in compatibility and also through the shortcut... It is an Equity Trading Platform. I've tried replacing files that could be corrupt like the .exe file and tried other solutions...but unfortunately nothing worked...from what I could pick up with searching on the web it looks like it could be a .Net framework problem...but I don't have much knowledge on the subject.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I Googled the problem signature along with the filename and got this.

Oddly enough I only got 3 results, one was your thread here and the other two indicated possible Malware. Keep in mind, I am not a Malware expert, nor do I know very much about the subject so I could be totally off base on this one.

rubber7

rubber7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks for checking. It's worth a try to see if I can get something sorted from that angle. I'll see if I can pick anything up. I'll let you know on the progress.
Thanx

rubber7

rubber7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Ok, it looks like I have found the problem... and you were very close. It's the anti virus thats causing the problem... I've found it happening on some other computers as well and it came up with the same code. The software gets an external feed with stock prices and the Anti virus programs pick it up as an intrusion. After I have set the exclutions for the software it runs perfectly fine. The problem with this particular one is that one of the files that needs to be excluded isn't present. So it's dumping the files somewere else... I'll find it. Thanx

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Glad I was able to help. :)