Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DHCP Client &Windows Audio are stopped on start up

• Please log in to reply

gica69

gica69

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi guys I just joined and am hoping to resolve an issue.I don't know if it was malware or what,but for the passed few weeks everytime I reboot the system starts without the to items started in Services.Everything is on automatic,I checked the dependencies everything on system,don't know the key Value for the DHCP Client or for the other one,I tried a !Default_XP_Pro_SP3_Start_v300 little reg reset script to no avail.It's driving me nuts and not for a lack of reading.I really don't want to reinstall XP just for this.Please help out in any way and thanks in advance.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Try System Restore first.

gica69

gica69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I unfortunately don't have that option anymore,last cleaning I did I disabled the restore option and after the cleaning was done and re-enabled it the restore points weren't there anymore.It's just so weird that after each boot I have to go to services and start the two processes.There has got to be a registry issue,I just haven't found the answer yet.So any help would be appreciated.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Make sure to set them to Automatic.

gica69

gica69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
They are on automatic.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
And they still fail to start? Try starting your machine with only microsoft services enabled. From the Run line type msconfig > startup tab > Check hide microsoft services > disable all > reboot.

gica69

gica69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My problem is that they don't fail to start,I just have to go to services and click on start to get them going even though they should boot as started automatically as they are set to..

gica69

gica69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Never mind I did a repair with the XP pro disc(not console)and all's well ,it must have been that something in the registry got changed after the cleaning with either Adware or Malwarebytes etc.Thanks