Using Internet Explorer or Firefox, visit Kaspersky Online Scanner
1. Click Accept, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.
2. To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:
- Close any open programs
- Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan. Click HERE to see how to disable the most common antivirus programs.
The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database.
Please be patient as this can take quite a long time to download.
- Once the update is complete, click on Settings.
- Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
- Spyware, adware, dialers, and other riskware
- E-mail databases
- Click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
- Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
- Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
- Click View report... at the bottom.
- Click the Save report... button.
- Change the Files of type dropdown box to Text file (.txt) and name the file KasReport.txt to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply
- Kaspersky log