Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not Display Internet Explorer webpage

• Please log in to reply

Jameskullehajan

Jameskullehajan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi There,

Recently i can not display Internet Explorer webpage, though internet connection is intact and other browser works fine.

I have tried methods below based on other recommendations, none seems to work.
a) File> un-tick work offline
b) Tool> internet options> advance>restore advanced setting
c) Tool> Internet options> connection Tab. Click on LAN setting, and untick "proxy setting"

Not sure what's the best scan tool. Attached log from Hijack this, please help, thanks

[attachment=42110:Hijackthis.txt]

Edited by JSntgRvr, 28 May 2010 - 12:33 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
In "Lan Settings" the top check-box should be ticked - "Automatically detect settings".
Restart IE.

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I have same problem and have tried all the steps in this related thread with no results: http://www.geekstogo...en-t235137.html All I get is a blank internet explorer page, thus can not get to tools like recommended.

Jameskullehajan

Jameskullehajan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
In LAN setting, i have tried ticking "Automatically detect settings" and untick "proxy setting". It does not seems to work after re-start IE.

Please advise.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It may be caused by some infection.

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Jameskullehajan......seems that we have the exact same problem and I couldn't find a new topic for you under the malware section, so I'm going to start one and you can join, if you like.

Edited by Don Stewart, 29 May 2010 - 10:01 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

so I'm going to start one and you can join

That won't work :)
Every computer is different and it must be approached separately.

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
OK, that makes sense......Thx

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
No problem :)

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Broni, besides having my own Malware topic, I assume that I also need my own Browser topic after I get my clean bill of health.....correct?
Sorry about all this as I was trying to piggyback on this topic since we had same issues and didn't want the Tech Staff to have provide possibly the same resolution twice. But you are correct, each computer is UNIQUE.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

I assume that I also need my own Browser topic after I get my clean bill of health.....correct?

You'll see, if it's needed after you go through malware forum posting :)

one2004

one2004

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I had the same problem and poorkenny told me how to solve it. Read it here

Edited by one2004, 31 May 2010 - 04:19 AM.