Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need advice for computer building

• Please log in to reply

Disturbed10k

Disturbed10k

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I am in need of some computer building advice! Right now I am in the market for an empty computer case but not sure which kind to get. I've searched Ebay for cases but I'm afraid once I buy a case and start buying parts they won't correctly fit into the case.

Any advice for me to get started in the right direction? As soon as I get the case and Motherboard in place everything else should fall into place.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
It all depends on the motherboard mostly, some cases are not as deep as others and will not accept all the hardware the case offers, some are so tight that apart from the top cd/dvd encolsure all the other one do not have space in the back to put all the dvd_rom in since they were touching the motherboard, same with hard drives (it helps to have space to work).

Decide what motherboard you want to buy and then you can choose a case that will fit perfectly for it, I personnaly like the cases with the biggest space possible inside (even for a small motherboard) to first have space for all my hardware and also have more air flow.

Disturbed10k

Disturbed10k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks for the reply!

I took your advice and I think I might consider just buying a high end computer. I saw some of the better motherboards for gaming PCs and all of them are 350-400 dollars.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,758 posts
Hi.
I would start a new post asking for opinions, advise and giving the following details.
Where you live.
What sort of games you want to play.
The models or makes of computers you are looking at and
How much you have to spend.

Edited by iammykyl, 29 May 2010 - 12:00 AM.