Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer To TV

• Please log in to reply

vladisawsome!

vladisawsome!

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
How could you connect a HP Pavillion Slimline, to a Sharp Aquos 52'' tv? I have tried a s video cable, with no luck. The image just appears black. I have fiddled around with the drivers and other functions, and ended up deleting my Benq g2200w monitor! The Image still appears, but it can't go to it's normal resolution, and if i go any higher, an out of range icon appears, YET THE IMAGE IS STILL THERE!

So, i would like a link to download the Benq g2200w drivers

A way to have this function enabled in Vista Home Premium,
http://www.spywaredr...rojector_01.jpg

and somebody to explain what on earth is a strange rs 232c connector doing on the back of my tv and if i could connect my computer to it and how?

~vlad

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

and somebody to explain what on earth is a strange rs 232c connector doing on the back of my tv and if i could connect my computer to it and how?

? how do you know this is an RS 232c connector? does the manual say it is? is it green with 9 holes? or is it blue with 15 holes?

vladisawsome!

vladisawsome!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i know its a rs 232c connector, because it has a label. and its gold with 9 pins

Chris_027

Chris_027

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
My tv has an RS-232 connector as well, however, I just use a regular VGA cable to connect my laptop to my tv. It's the same cable that you would use to connect a computer to its monitor. Look on the back of the TV for a blue or black port with 15 holes, it might be labeled RGB-PC. All you have to do is connect a VGA cable to it and to the laptop and your ready to go. The picture quality is great too.

vladisawsome!

vladisawsome!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i simply got myself a new video card with hdmi output. problem solved!