Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstall ESET

• Please log in to reply

asaaki

asaaki

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this.

I just bought KasperSky but it won't install until I've uninstalled ESET. I've been trying to uninstall that, it's not in Program Files, I've deleted it from the registry from LOCAL_MACHINE as well as CURRENT_USER.

I can't find ESET anywhere on my machine and I've rebooted again and again but whenever I try to run KasperSky it tells me to first remove ESET.

Any help? Is something wrong with ESET or Kaspersky?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
It is quite normal for antivirus installers to refuse to run if another av is already installed, since having two installed simultaneously can make the system unstable.

Unfortunately, there will be ESET keys in other parts of the registry which you are unaware of, and ESET folders in places others than 'Program Files, which Kaspersky has detected. ESET do not have a removal tool but I'm told the free trial of "Revo Uninstaller" should clean it off your PC:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 30 May 2010 - 12:14 PM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
ESET NOD32 Removal Tool (Dutch but works for all languages): http://www.nod32.nl/...od32removal.exe

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
ESET NOD32 removal Tool is probably intended to remove ESET Antivirus, but the OP referred only to 'ESET' which may be the full ESET Smart Security suite. The removal tool may not be able to fully remove that.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
asaaki please follow Broni's advice

The ESET NOD32 Removal Tool is the more likely solution for your problem