Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS Post Messages

• Please log in to reply

alanho

alanho

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have a sneaky feeling this is a dumb question - but I will ask it anyway.

When I boot my computer I get an initial message that says "Press Tab to see Post messages" or something similar.

If I press Tab the post messages become visible - but race down the screen too fast for me to read them.

Is there a way to either slow it down - or even better - be able to see them one page after another?

Mobo ASUS P5QL-E
CPU Intel Q9650

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
In the BIOS will be an option, "Show Full Screen Logo" or "show Boot Logo" or similiar.
Turn this option off.
By the way, the messages will still fly past regardless of the choice of this option.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Don't know if it'll work or not but, you might try [Ctrl-S] to stop the scrolling, and then [Ctrl-Q] to continue.

alanho

alanho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have found a solution - hit he Pause Break key which stops the post message and then hit enter to start it again.

You need lightning reflexes though to stop it at the right place. I cannot find a way of scrolling slowly or showing the message in a series of pages.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Excellent. :)

Tried both [Pause/Break] and [Ctrl-S] here on a laptop and neither one worked. :) <-shrug->

kristain

kristain

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Try this: Boot into the bios. Go to the boot menu. In there look for a setting that indicates rapid boot or some such language. Disable that. What will happen is the bios will count all the memory on bootup and slow the screen so you can see the bios version.