Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OTM.exe Creating Half Transparent Folders

• Please log in to reply

Hoshikawa

Hoshikawa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday I downloaded [OTM exe.] since I had this warning message saying 'C\Windows\system32\sshna21.dll' error or something. I realized that I got a Trojen, so I used OTM to begin my first step of removing the virus.

But the thing is that, I already deleted this 'sshna21.dll' several days ago before I searched help online.

After running OTM, there were lots of helf-transparent folders or items scattering all over in my laptop. Some of them were shortcuts which couldn't be opened, while others contained both solid and half-transparent sub folders.

I had no difficulty running Malware, though. And the Trojen seemed to be killed since I no longer see the warning popping out whenever I start my laptop.

I just don't know what to do with all those half-transparent thing. I find it rather annoying to see them lying around in my computer, but am not sure if I should simply delete them.

Please help me.

(I'm Windows Vista)

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
# Open the Control Panel menu and click Folder Options.
# After the new window appears select the View tab.
# Remove the check in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
# Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Do not Show hidden files and folders.
# Check the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
# Press the Apply button and then the OK button and exit.

Edited by RKinner, 04 June 2010 - 04:55 PM.