Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Windows does not start in any mode Plz Help !

• Please log in to reply

joox

joox

• Pip
  • 4 posts
on Friday night my pc was effected with the fake antivirus virus and i did try to remove using malaware but not sure if it worked as right a the end everything froze and i had to restart my pc. but it did not start and kept restarting in a loop.tried all safe modes and etc but it does not boot. i disabled automatic system restart and the error message is 0x0000006f .when trying to start under normal windows the logo comes up but restarts straight away. im using windows XP and have got a lot photos which i cant bear to lose. please help as i need to get into my pc to egt the important files out.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Go to the Malware Forum use the self help tools if you can get any of them to run and if you need to post in that forum with logs if you get it to boot or indicating that you cannot.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Do not do a format or destructive recovery.
We have ways to get the data off provided that the drive is not mechanically dead.

123runner

joox

joox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i have bought a external box and attached my hard drive it and to another computer. i moved my pics and etc and then i tried to run the xp repair install but i got a messafge saying that the licence agreement is not present and cannot continue without it!?!!? i bought my PC from a reputable retailer and xp was already installed. i had to make/burn the recovery and application disc myself which is the disc i was trying to use for the repair. any ideas what i need to do now ?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Open the CD please and send me a screenshot of the folders. Do this by putting it in the other computer and then pressing the printscreen key.
Then open paint on programs, accessories and on the edit menu click paste.
Then save as - Jpeg image.
Attach that to your reply.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
What brand of computer is this? Dell, HP, Compaq, home built.
Do you know if there is a recovery partition on it?

joox

joox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
my pc is an HP. i spoke to someone at the shop i bought from and they told me i do not need to use the cd. it should be built in and i can access it by pressing f10 to get to recovery. they also told me that it will not delete personal data but only installed applications and settings. i did not get a chance to test it last night.
hopefully it will work, will try tonight after work.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Please take my advice I gave in Post 2.
If you use F10 and the computer has been infected you may be no better off.
Please do as I suggested and go to the Malware forum

joox

joox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Please take my advice I gave in Post 2.
If you use F10 and the computer has been infected you may be no better off.
Please do as I suggested and go to the Malware forum

i tried to take your advice and shoudl have but it sounded too complicating. i managed to get to the system recovery through f10 and it took about 30 mins to repair my problem but when the pc restarted i got the ntldr is compressed message and and kept restarting over and over again. what do i do now? i read somewhere else that i have to boot from the cd again but when i try it just repeats the recovery process again and the same thing message comes up.
if i do a format will that fix the problem?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
See this please.
http://h10025.www1.h...p;product=12455

I cannot understand what is complicated about my advice to go to the Malware Forum.