Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

epson cx8400 ink work around

• Please log in to reply

JimSellers

JimSellers

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Is there a work around for black only printing, when one of the color cartridges is out of ink? My cyan cartridge is out of ink, but I'd like to print in black, and the printer won't let me. Thanks, Jim

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
A link to some manuals is Here

From the Users guide.

Replace Ink Cartridges
Your Epson Stylus CX8400 Series and its software will let you know when an ink cartridge is low or expended.
If an ink cartridge is low or expended, you see a message on the Epson Stylus CX8400 Series LCD display screen. If a cartridge is expended, you must replace it to be able to print. If a cartridge is low, you can continue printing until a cartridge needs replacement.
Note:
You cannot print or copy when an ink cartridge is expended even if the other cartridges are not expended. Replace any expended cartridges before printing or copying.

There does not seem to be a work around.

123runner

JimSellers

JimSellers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
That's what I was afraid of, and thanks for the reply. Cheers, Jim