Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Heatsink/Fan replaced...keyboard warping?

  • Please log in to reply




  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I just got my laptop back from repair a short while ago. They apparently replaced the heatsink/fan as it was failing and making loud noises. Just this past weekend I went to use the laptop and noticed that the F9 key is locked down on an angle, won't budge and if you look down while standing over the keyboard, it almost looks pried away on what I guess would be the keyboard matting underneath. The F9 key it hasn't been used since the laptop came back (I rarely use the F keys). Also, it appears the basil (Dad's term) around the top of the keyboard is now warped. Can anyone tell me if this is sign that somewhere the laptop is overheating?

No one else but myself uses the laptop, so I know that no one would have been playing with the keyboard.

  • 0


Neil Jones

Neil Jones

    Member 5k

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Take it back.

It's most likely the keyboard hasn't been clipped in properly, which can generate a warped effect on a laptop keyboard.
  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP