Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

desktop suddenly changes..

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i'm using Aspire 5430 laptop with GeForce graphic card...
my brother played counter strike before this happen..
i don't really know wht happened...

when i checked the display option...and clicked the settings tab, i get this messages..

"The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of Windows.

The system has been started using the default VGA driver.

Please contact your hardware manufacturer to get an upgraded driver, or select one of the Microsoft provided drivers."

the screen resolution changes to 800 by 600 pixels and the worst is the color quality.. it switched to lowest(4bit)..i've never thought there are 4bit :)

i reinstalled the graphic driver 3 times.. but it still the same...
i hope somebody can help me..