Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with the case connectors!

• Please log in to reply

Sandy V

Sandy V

• Pip
  • 5 posts
First off, this is a donated computer in which i wish to make a little gaming box out of. Started off with someone donating a emachines t6412 to me, bought a 1tb hdd and 4 gbs or ram. Recently got a bigger case to be easier to work in, but i dont know where the case connectors are supposed to connect to the mobo at. I dont wanna short anything out or try to power it on without a ground because i dont have the money for a whole new motherboard & cpu. All i need at the moment is a manual or diagram to help me find out where the case connectors go (power switch, hdd led, power led, ground etc.)

thanks

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hi Welcome to geeks to go!

I was looking at the manual for your computer.

Here is the link to your manual online -->> HERE
page 177 for the "area" you are looking for

From what I can see this pic should show you the location of the I\O ports.(the arrows indicate the ports)

Something I have noticed at times when switching out parts: the mobo can has a specially designed port specific to the chassis it was in.
You may not have the proper plugs on your new chassis.

If you are up to it you could cut and reattach a new plug connector to all of the wires. But if you don't know how to do that I wouldn't attempt it.

If this isn't the problem then that picture should take care of what your looking for.

Good luck

Attached Files

Sandy V

Sandy V

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey,

thanks for that, haha found that pdf already but didnt help.
So i was toying around and managed to find which prongs were the power and reset but didnt want to keep it in that case without a ground.
The new case has a TON of cables, i doubt it would be missing any, its just the fact that i have no clue which ones go where considering that they are all separate. the emachines case kept the wires all connected, 1 block for each of them (if that makes any sense) but the new case, the pwer switch and reset etc are all separate wires. I moved it back into the emachines case for now but would still like to find the info on the board.

do you know the name of the board? i havent been able to find it anywhere. was wondering if i found a manual just for the board itself it might tell me.

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hi
There is a "number" on the mobo somewhere normally near the center. look for it and post the number here then I will look it up.

good luck

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi, I think this is your mobo.

http://217.110.237.7...4-engl v1.x.pdf

Sandy V

Sandy V

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The only numbder ive seen (which ive also searched up and came out a bunch of other boards ) is

N1996

Sandy V

Sandy V

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi, I think this is your mobo.

http://217.110.237.7...4-engl v1.x.pdf

Thank you sooo much!! you just saved my life!! was gona shoot myself for buying a new case and not being able to put the connectors on!!! thank you!!

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Also...

http://www.e4allupgr...9/msi7184.shtml

Sandy V

Sandy V

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks alot! that really helped! gona put the case together tomorrow.