Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hal.dll file problems

• Please log in to reply

Bat Aleks

Bat Aleks

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Everyone

Yesterday I un-installed a Windows 7 theme on my XP after rebooting I started having the windows root / system32 / hal.dll problems .

I read some suggestions I found a Windows XP Installation CD. I put it it took me to a blue screen the I pressed ''R'' and t hem I typed the installation that I would like to log on to then it wanted an Administrator Password which I forgotten is there any way I can get the password ?

Oh and I also installed a new windows as well as the old one . But when i go to the CD to install a new Windows again it only shows me the new XP that i installed but not the old one . But shows both in the Recovery Console any idea why ?

Many Thanks in advance :)

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

... then it wanted an Administrator Password which I forgotten is there any way I can get the password ?

GeekToGo's Terms of Use does not allow its members to assist anyone bypass or recover lost passwords. Due to the open, public nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that GeeksToGo cannot take.

If you have a legitimate need to circumvent a password scheme, please contact the vendor for the software / hardware and request their assistance. E.g. Windows XP password recovery issues should be taken up with Microsoft, Phoenix BIOS password recovery issues should be taken up with Phoenix Technologies, Dell's "this system is protected by a password authenication system" should be taken up with Dell tech support, etc. ...

Bat Aleks

Bat Aleks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

... then it wanted an Administrator Password which I forgotten is there any way I can get the password ?

GeekToGo's Terms of Use does not allow its members to assist anyone bypass or recover lost passwords. Due to the open, public nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that GeeksToGo cannot take.

If you have a legitimate need to circumvent a password scheme, please contact the vendor for the software / hardware and request their assistance. E.g. Windows XP password recovery issues should be taken up with Microsoft, Phoenix BIOS password recovery issues should be taken up with Phoenix Technologies, Dell's "this system is protected by a password authenication system" should be taken up with Dell tech support, etc. ...

Yes, but I am not asking you to tell me the password , but to help me retrieve it. ... And by the time I get help from Microsoft I will be 30 ....

Edited by Bat Aleks, 02 June 2010 - 05:41 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
If you have never set a system password, leave the password field blank and just press Enter.

Bat Aleks

Bat Aleks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Unforunetly I used to know the password but I have forgotten it ... i tied all my password but it doesnt seem to work ... any other suggestions ? or maybe there is a password that would work any how ?