Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gateway with Vista - System Freezing and occasionally turns off

• Please log in to reply

Kimmer62

Kimmer62

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
My gateway PC, keeps freezing and turning itself off, both when I am on line and when I am off line. I have been unable to do the GMER rootkit scan because it keeps freezing. Sometimes when I turn on the computer it starts to beep and continues to beep until I turn it off. The on button stays lit but the system never comes on. I don't know if this is a problem with my computer or if there is a virus or something else

I have MBAM and the OTL log but not the GMER, but from what I have read I am not to attach them, and I assume they are not to be cut and paste here. The instuctions say post, to do that do I use the same title? or post tehm as an answer to this? I figured who ever can help me can let me know how to, or if I need to post these logs.

When I went to find out what kind of computer the system on the computer says its a Dell, but it is a Gateway. My son said he restored vista a year a go and probably used a Dell vista CD. According to Gateway we have a Gateway GM5472 Desktop Computer with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor . I hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Kim

Advertisements

Tigereye

Tigereye

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Dear Kimmer62,

Please post in the Malware Removal Forums, where we have tech staff that volunteer their time to helping people with malware removal. Thank you.

Kimmer62

Kimmer62

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thank you will do.