Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor or computer?

• Please log in to reply

yybbaa

yybbaa

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
My monitor screen is a lovely shade of turquoise.....I can still go from page to page ....but everything is blue. We had a power outage last night....don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Worked fine when power came back on but a while ago everything turned blue. Have turned computer off and restarted but same thing.
Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try monitor on a different system and\or try a known working monitor on your system. Either way it will determine if it is the monitor or the system. At this point from my experience I am more likely to say the monitor took a hit and the color guns are shot causing the color issue.
It possibly could be a video driver issue but try the monitor first to verify your monitor is working or not.

Edited by rshaffer61, 02 June 2010 - 07:32 PM.

yybbaa

yybbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and I will continue to monitor your topic for your results. :) :)

kristain

kristain

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
The pins arent aligned, make sure the connection to your monitor and to your computer are properly screwed in, this is typical of a poor connection.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Well, there are no guns in LCD monitors, but I agree this sounds like a monitor problem. Bent pins should not be the problem, unless you unplugged the monitor and when you plugged it back in, it no longer worked. But I agree, this is also a sign of a poor connection so make sure the cable (on both ends if not hardwired to the monitor) is securely fastened and if using a graphics card, make sure it is secured in its slot.

Power outages are never good because when associated with a storm, the outage is rarely a clean cut, but rather a jagged one with a rapid series of "flickers", which may or may not be too fast for humans to see. I recommend all computers be on a good UPS with AVR - not so much for the outages, but for the "flickers" and other anomalies that wreck havoc on sensitive high speed electronics.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see no reference to this being a LCD or Analog monitor. I'm sorry if I missed that but in either case I think the issue is the monitor and eagerly await the results of your testing.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I see no reference to this being a LCD or Analog monitor

Just to keep the screws tight :) analog has nothing to do with it either. While all CRT monitors are analog, LCD monitors may be analog and accept D-Sub only, or digital and accept DVI and/or HDMI, or both digital and analog. So, back to "guns" only CRT monitors use guns to "shoot" an electron beam at the phosphorous coating on the inside of the CRT screen.