Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

electric or pc problem?

• Please log in to reply

waaa.

waaa.

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i just have noticed recently that my computer suddenly turns off. (as in the CPU shuts off without warning.) it usually happens when I'm playing in Frozen Throne in Garena. I have a good and licensed anti virus and anti spy ware and its up to date. (Kaspersky Internet Security 2009) and my full scans were regular. I'm Puzzled whether its the electric connection or something is wrong with my PC. help from experts? anyone? sad.gif

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If it only happens during heavy usage (games ect) it might be a problem of overheating.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Agreed - heat is the most common cause of this - and if it has been longer than a month since you cleaned the interior of heat trapping dust, that is where you should start.