Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying error Speedbit Optimizer Theme loading

• Please log in to reply

Hawk747

Hawk747

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Maybe this is in the wrong forum. It would be nice if someone could tell me where to post it as it has not received any attention in this forum. :)

Hi All,

This is my first post and I hope someone can help me with this annoying error I get from Speedbit Optimizer. This is one of those "I did it to myself" errors. After building my system and putting my required software and Norton 360 on, I decided I might need Speedbit Optimizer. After loading it I realized I already had the capability in Norton 360. So I decided to uninstall it. Too late. Now everytime I boot the computer, I get the following error:

SpeedOptimizer (error window)
Theme loading error: Cannot load file c:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedOptimizer\Themes\Royal Blue\texture_harddrives_defrag.bmp

As far as I can tell, it is not affecting anything, I just have to click Ok to get the window to go away. I would really like to fix this problem as it is just plain annoying. I've tried CCleaner but that did not seem to help. Thanks in advance for any help and recommendatons!

Hawk747

Edited by Hawk747, 07 June 2010 - 03:11 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi Hawk747 ... :) ..:)

I'm going thru and finding threads that never got a reply
:) sorry we missed you..

click on start...type in mscofig...click on start up...uncheck Speedbit Optimizer and reboot

Hawk747

Hawk747

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My problem started after I un-installed Speedbit Optimizer. I did run MSCONFIG and there was nothing related to Speedbit Optimizer under the Startup or Services tabs. I'm guessing registry but I would not know where to begin.

Thanks for the replay,

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
then try reinstalling Speedbit Optimizer...see if it has its own uninstaller and use it...