Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TVDEBUG.log taking up all my memory (Zonealarm)

• Please log in to reply

13wolf

13wolf

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have been having problems with my computer's memory being full. When I investigated I found 2 massive tvdebug.log files that had used up practically all my memory. When I tried to delete them, the system said that they were being used by another user. I was finally able to delete them by turning of multiple programs but they returned shortly after. The files start off small but they grow rapidly and I have had to repeat the time consuming process of eliminating them. I had suspected that this was a malware problem, so I purchased a anti-malware program to eliminate the problem. Unfortunately, the program downloaded was actually malware itself (This problem is being addressed on another forum). While researching what to do about the new problem, I encountered information indicating that the TVDEBug problem is actually a glitch in the Zone Alarm program. Is this accurate and if so what can I do to remedy the problem?

P.S. Between the various technical problems, I am currently experiencing, my email is not accessible. So if I cannot be reached at this time in that manner.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
You are being helped in the malware forum Here.

Finish there and then come back to this post when you get a clean bill of health.

If Andrewuk requires our assistance, then he/she will send you here.

13wolf

13wolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
OK, the first problem (adware pro) has been resolved as well as the email problem. It is time to address the TVDEBUG issue.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Interesting info on the TVDebug.log

Please read the following.
http://social.answer...62-783ecaa04e05
http://forums.techgu...g-file-how.html

It seems that after you do what is suggested, then you will have to monitor.

Bottom line...what seems to work is to turn it off. It only used by Zone alarm staff for debugging.

1. Press Cntrl and Shift and Rt- click on the ZA icon in sys tray.
2. Choose set debug level.
3. Click on Off radio at debug categories.
4. Turn off ZAP.
Delete tvdebug.log. It resides at C:\windows\Internet logs
5. Restart your PC

123runner