Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xp fan running all the time

• Please log in to reply

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Thanks 123Runner.
I had a really bad day yesterday. Ended up sitting on the highway for over 3 hours with a blown tire and 3 busted lug nuts. Finally made it home about 5 this morning and got about 3 hours of sleep.
I don't know how CpuZ got into this but your pic is what I am looking for.

i hate to hear this i looked at your profile one time and saw your state so i know you must of had an awful time with the heat and being stranded. i live in a very hot start and spend allot of time working outside too.
glad that you made it of but i hate that know one helped you out because 3 hours is a long time to wait. allot can happen.

if i gave you the info that you needed then please understand that i am very patient so take all the time that you need. you have already tought me allot up to this point. i am very thankful.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
40vern

We still need the HWMonitor like what I showed in a previous post. The CPU Z does us no good when we are trying to verify temperatures between a few programs.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please redo the instructions for post 56 on HWMonitor and include what 123Runner shows in post 59 for the temps.
Thanks for the kind words and yes I am trying just a little worn out today.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

The fan on CPU itself will not turn off as that is what keeps it cool. If it turns off then the cpu overheats and shuts down.
Please download and run Hardware Monitor
Installation (setup version only)

Run the setup executable file, and let it guide you for the installation process. The setup installs a service, that is started the first time that you run HWMonitor.
Take a screenshot once the program is done and attach it to your next reply. I'm looking for the temps to verify with Speedfan to make sure there is no overheating issue.
Just a double check for my own sanity I guess.

wheni clickon the link that you have given me i am not sure which link that you want me to install. it is a little confusing to me. can you take a screen shot of which one orsomething. i am downloading another item but i am not sure if it is the rite one.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Far right hand side of the screen

Attached Thumbnails

• HW Monitor setup.jpg

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
i tried something else maybe this is it it not i will try something else

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep sorry I didn't have the pics for the instructions.
Please try the hwmonitor program with the instructions from post 65

Edited by rshaffer61, 23 August 2010 - 02:10 PM.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
i am not sure but is this it?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Still not giving all the information I am looking for.
How is the system running now?

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Still not giving all the information I am looking for.
How is the system running now?

fan still runs all the time. it is running a littl slow but it still is downloading updates everytime that i go on line. it downloaded 18 updates this morning

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Microsoft updates?
The fan issue i believe it is just normal being a laptop for it to run like it is. They are smaller and mor compact so cooling is essential to it.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Microsoft updates?
The fan issue i believe it is just normal being a laptop for it to run like it is. They are smaller and mor compact so cooling is essential to it.

yes sir microsoft up dates
ok maybe then everything is normal. this means my work isdone. thanks for all your help. i think that Dadwill be very happy.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is the system running correctly now after everything?
Once all updates are done please let me know how it is running for you.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
Dad called me earlier and said that he was very happy with his notebook. he said to tell everyone thanks. i to would like to say thanks again too. i am glad to see Dad back on line agian.
this is a very good sight to read and learn. i am glad that i found this one.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear.
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.