Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family - Questions

• Please log in to reply

ExternalBleeding

ExternalBleeding

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, first time posting on the forums. :)
Well, I have a few questions about the Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (which is what my computer is using). First off, what I have gathered from the internet is this is just a chip that is used in place of a graphics card, but does the same thing. Most computers (desktops, more or less) use these chips as backups in case the graphics card stop working. Is all that correct? Also, I've heard it's impossible to upgrade these chips. Is that true as well? I am running an Acer Aspire 5810TZ and I could find no information from google about inserting a new video card into the computer. I would like to upgrade from the Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family to something better. Is this possible?

Thanks for your time,

B.M.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If it's a laptop the graphics are not upgradable. Your Acer Aspire is a laptop therefore unfortunately the only way you'll get to replace the graphics is to replace the laptop.