Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading Stock Asus

• Please log in to reply

jollyjill

jollyjill

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys.

I'm not new to computers and i'm capable of doing all the actual installations, but i'm helpless when shopping for the new parts themselves.

I have a stock Asus CM5570-AP006(I even have a fancy printout of all its specs) and I was hoping to upgrade the RAM a bit and add a new graphics card. Help regarding the type of cards(or the best upgrades for the system) I should be looking into would be fabulous. :)

Thank-you!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
From new, this machine has 6gb of memory already. May I ask why you feel you need to add more, when 6Gb is usually enough for, well, anything really at this point in time.

The G100, that this card comes in, isn't the best in the world however you will probably need a power supply upgrade as this model only comes with a 300w unit.

jollyjill

jollyjill

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Right now I tend to run 100 things at once and while it's not a slug, it could potentially be a little faster with its response. Of course, that's not really a concern like the graphics card is. I've got a 500w power supply waiting to be installed, but haven't done anything yet til I get the other pieces.