Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot start XP - Either Freeze or blank Screen

• Please log in to reply

malluna17

malluna17

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

Just tried to remove a trojan horse virus but running ERUNT and then TCP. TCP asked to reboot the system. I clicked yes and now, I have a page saying that Windows was not able to start correctly etc.

Please note that the instructions I'm quoting are translated from French so it might not be perfect in English.

If I select "Start Window normally", the screen freezes.
If I select "Safe mode" or "last known configuration", the screen goes dark...

I had the "Windows was not able to start correctly" issue before trying to remove the virus, but it would start after selecting "Start windows normally"...

Any help would be welcome. Please write back detailed step by step answers as I am not a techie person at all.

Thank you in advance !!

Advertisements